In July 2020, the MATV/UMA delivered a documentary filmmaking program to participants of the Malden Youth Summer Employment Program (MYSEP). In this workshop, the students worked with each other online to exchange information and build films that tell the story of the pandemic through their own eyes and the eyes of front-line workers. Divided into two groups, the students created a total of three films: one for each group and one combined group effort.
- Filmbuilding Lead Instructor: Tom Flint
- Filmbuilding Mentors: Avion Manong, Sophie Carleton, Nigel Taylor
- Filmbuilding Support Team:
- Masio Dotson, MATV/UMA Volunteer and Intern Coordinator
- Hailey Hao, MATV/UMA Director of Media Arts Education
- Ose Schwab, MATV/UMA Director of Membership and Marketing
After a successful three weeks of film creation and working through difficulties, the final films were screened on July 24, 2020 to a small but appreciative audience.