The mission of MATV/UMA, is to connect community, promote civic engagement, and nurture arts & culture in the city of Malden.
MATV/UMA is a vibrant gathering place for people of all ages and backgrounds in the city to meet, to learn, and to connect! As the video indicates, we are indeed becoming Urban Media Arts (UMA) but are not quite there yet. The journey has taken longer than we had hoped, but this fall we will make clear our UMA identity. Stay tuned for details of that rebrand countdown.
For the time being, in some limited forms, due to COVID-19, we offer:
- Video content from our community over local cable channels and youtube:
- Public productions produced by community members of Malden
- Educational programming produced by and for the public schools of Malden
- Government programming produced by and for the city government of Malden
- Citizen Journalism – Neighborhood View
- Community projects such as
- Art Gallery